Wednesday, August 29, 2007

L is for Loosing Weight

So I have less then 10 lbs to go until I am back at my pre pregnancy weight. Grrrrrrr! I need some help. I want to diet and loose weight - but I am still nursing and need to know how far I can go without hurting my "supply"! PLUS I need to hear from all you mom's out there as to WHEN I should work out. It seems near impossible to go to the gym - unless I go at 4 in the morning when baby and hubby are still sleeping. I want to spend all the time I have with Dylan - and so I am feeling a little torn. Sleep vs. Gym - Time with Baby vs. Gym - Time with Hubby vs. Gym - Loosing Weight vs. Sanity. Just a few of my struggles. I NEED YOUR WISDOM!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

4am sounds about right. You could take walks or jog with a stroller in the evening or during the day, but if you love the gym then a good way to think of it is that you are giving Dad and baby alone time to bond. Nursing moms can go down to 1600 calories I think, though don't quote me without other to back me up.

Nicolette said...

You could also do gym bonding time with hubby. Didn't you two use to work out together.

Angela S said...

I hate typing this because its beyond hard for me. You have to listen to your body. I am pretty sure the dr will say wait 6 weeks depending on the shape you were in before and if you had a c-section and I suck because I can't remember if delivery sucked that bad or not for you. Anyway you have to listen to your body. I have serious issues with my weight and when I was nursing Jimmy I decided to start working out. For me at that time in my life it was too much stress so I backed off and did the easy stuff time-commitment wise like going on walks and doing things at home. Anyway cut out the sweets and pop and make sure your getting enough protein and that your moving around and getting your heart rate up and you will likely see that weight go down. But go to the park with the stroller and power walk. No sissy stuff but serious timed walking. Good luck!