Sunday, August 12, 2007

A is for Adalynn

Some of my other fellow bloggers have done the - It's called an Encyclopedia of Me! Each day I will use the ABC's and post something about me! Hope you enjoy!


I thought this would be a great way to start this out. My name has always defined me through out my life. I think that my mom who also suffered from a odd name (Ordella) felt that she had to pass the curse on! (Just Kidding - Mom!) Some times I've loved it - most of the time I've hated it. When I was younger I would always wish my name was Britany - don't know why - just thought it was a lot better then ADALYNN! Most likely cause everyone would know how to say it. But I do have to say that my name has helped me though - I would always know who really knew me - and who didn't by how they would say my name. Most of the time it was the people that I didn't like that would say my name wrong and it would just make me not like them that much more. I always had a easy last name (Park) until I got married. So at least when I was being called (i.e. at the dr's) they could call Ms. Park - and I knew it was me. Now all I get is a long pause.........and then Adddddddalynn?????? Grrrrrrrr!

To say the least I am glad to have a crazy name - made me a more well rounded individual. I don't think I'll be passing the curse on to my children - but I'm glad for the character it has given me :)

No comments: