Monday, September 22, 2008

The Funeral

This last weekend Ty, Dylan, and I made the long trip up to Idaho. We got a late start on Friday because we slept in about 3 HOURS! So things were a little crazy at first (including me forgetting my camera) - but then it all came together.
We got to Nampa that afternoon - ran some errands and then out to my mom's place. My mom lives away from it all - and it is a long trip into town just to go to Target - so once we were out there - we had no cell phone coverage and we were about a good half hour away from everything. Made it crazy but it was good.
I had told my sister (Lucretia) that I wanted to make the program's for the funeral. So we got to work on those. Celeste loved to scrapbook - so it only seemed right that we scrapbook the program. This is how it ended up looking.
On the inside I ended up putting a little frog in the corner. She LOVED frogs - so it only seemed fit. It also helped that her favorite color was green! AND going off of what my sister had told me over the phone we got the right shade of green that she liked!
Celeste's favorite flower was the Tulip - so with each of the programs - we wrapped up a tulip bulb, attached a poem - and told people to plant it in remembrance of Celeste. I also put together a slide show of Celeste and put it to two songs that Celeste loved - the one I loved the most - I posted from you tube right after this blog - It is sooooo good!
I think everything turned out exactly how she wanted it to be. We got home last night- and are happy to be home!

2 comments:

Kara said...

It sounds like you did a wonderful job putting things she liked into the funeral, that is beautiful :)

Jess M said...

You did a great job, and I think Celeste would be very pleased and honored with all the thought and love you put into everything.