Thursday, May 17, 2007

Superwoman has Limits

For all of you out there that know me pretty well - know that I like to be busy. I'm not one to sit around and watch time go by. In fact I have been famous on making myself a little too busy at times and undertaking too many things all at once. I love it though - and I've often called my self Superwoman for doing all of it so well. But today I found out I have limits. (gasp)
Ty and I were all ready to go down to New Mexico for the weekend when today (after only having 4 hours of sleep last night) I started blacking out at work, and having dizzy spells that would last a half hour or so at a time. Everyone was telling me to go home BUT of course I didn't listen. When I did get home it was so bad I was sick. So of course I call my sister (she knows everything ;), and her advise......"Adalynn, why don't you slow down? You are almost 9 months pregnant!" (Of course I had to be talking to her as I was headed to my second job) And it hit me - I am only human - about to give birth to another human - maybe I should slow down. Not totally stop.....but slow down. One of those "ah-ha" moments! So I thought I would share it with all of you - and let all of you know I'm starting to slow down. And yes Superwoman is human and does have limits!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wonderful aha moment. That one especially makes those naps less guilty and the undone laundry and housework less important. Remember to really, really slow down after the baby, at least for a few weeks. You really will make yourself sick then.

Nicolette said...

Do you hear me yelling at you from Idaho yet! SLOW DOWN BEFORE YOU END UP IN THE HOSPITAL!!!!