Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Silly I Know!

Timber Rufus Barkley

4 1/2 years earlier!

Saturday night as I was driving home from work I got a text from Ty - "Keep your eyes open for Timber he's gotten out again!" I didn't think much of it cause he's snuck out of the yard before and ALWAYS comes back a few hours later to the back door. This time he didn't! We've looked everywhere and called everyone we could and still no sign of our Timber. In my mind I'm picturing him on a "Bolt" like adventure (watch the movie if you don't know what I'm talking about!) But the reality that he's not coming back becomes more real as the days and nights SLOWLY go by.

As therapy to me and a tribute to the 4 years we had with Timber I thought I would "highlight" some facts/memories about him!


- Timber was born Sep 7, 2005 in Highland, UT

- He thought he was a human.....no seriously he did!

- He ALWAYS liked to sleep on my side of the bed!

- He was my protector! Even though he was more of a lover then fighter he always made me feel safe when Ty was working long hours.

- 1 week before we moved out of our first apartment he tore up the carpet in our room - all the way down through the pad! (ah memories!)

- His favorite toy was a small toy Snoopy!

- He was well traveled - he had been to Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah (all over), and New Mexico.

- He LOVED the snow!

- Cat's DID NOT like him at all! ;)

- He was Ty and I's first born!
- I would always joke about making Beagle Soup out of him- just to see what my nephews would say! Worked everytime!

- Thing I'll miss the most - Lazy afternoon naps with him and how he would always warm my feet up! :)


If any one in Utah happens to see him - PLEASE let us know! :o)

3 comments:

Nicolette said...

:( I'm sorry. Hugs and prayers.

Kara said...

I hope he comes home :( Have you called the animal shelters or put up fliers?

Jess M said...

Sorry, that is so sad. Hope he comes back. I like the BOLT theory. Or it could be like the case with my lil bros kitty- a neighbor girl cat-napped him.